Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cognizant in alliance with Invensys

Cognizant, a leading technology, consulting and business process outsourcing services provider, has entered into a strategic global product research and development alliance with Invensys Operations Management (IOM), a global provider of technology systems, solutions and consulting services in the process and manufacturing space.

Being an employee of Invensys, I am present personally in this townhall. And I can say that mood was quite grim in the beginning, but slowly my colleagues started facing reality. This is the walk of life. Sometimes Business heads take decision and then ask techies to support their vision and mission. I don’t have any viewpoint here to comment about such approach.

Personally I believe in taking confidence of every stakeholder before venturing anything of this nature. My definition of stakeholder is not limited to CEO’s and top level leaders, rather I go with each and every one till last possible lead in the chain.

I would compare it with land acquisition activity by governments. Land owners doesn’t stand a chance but accept the little bit more monetary benefit. Now it is up to Cognizant to keep this pool of talented resources motivated and provide them a vision ahead.

No comments: