Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Just installed VS2010 Beta2

Just installed VS2010 Beta2.

Though the general layout is not new, editor is not looking a bit sluggish. Personally I am impressed with emphasis given UML. But couldn’t understand what is that InstallShield 2010 doing in VS2010 rather I was expecting WIX there.

Yet to explore UML support completely. But first look is OK. It looks like there is way to generate code using extensions. I am still going to through the articles and yet to get a hang it. But I am amused to know the fact that MEF is playing a key role here.

Also I am liking Architecture views, especially the dependency (directed) graph by class and its analyzer features to check circular, hub and unreferenced nodes.

But I am not sure, what are improvements on metrics. I don’t see any changes.

And coming back to XML. New viewer is somewhat OK but I am really missing what we had in VS2005.

No comments: