Thursday, April 20, 2006

SciTE Scitilla.org

I was using notepad++ on windows since long time, but I never bothered to look into what was behind it.

Just today I came to know about scintilla.org.

Downloded SciTE for linux using GTK+. I am Gentoo 2006.0. First thought of looking for an ebuild, then relaised that is too much to expect.

Installation is damn simple. I didn't compile just tried binary version. Copied SciTE to /usr/local/bin and all properties files to /use/share/scite/

Experimented with cpp and py files. Ofcourse python integration would be netive thingi for this.

I happened to modify cpp.properties file to take ./ infront of executable file name.

Joined scintella intereset group.

My first post to that group is

"bash like shell expects ./ before executable to run.
cpp.propeties file line 283 need to be modified to like this
command.go.$(file.patterns.cplusplus)=./$(FileName)"

Let me see what comes back

No comments: