Thursday, April 20, 2006

SciTE for windows

Today I tried SciTE for windows. This time I downloaded source and built using VC7 nmake.
Its quite simple just download source of SciTE. SciTe source code includes Scitilla source also.

First build Scintilla library using nmake -f scintilla.mak from "scite168\scintilla\win32" directory.
And to build scite use nmake -f scite.mak from scite168\scite\win32 directory.

Make sure that you set the environment with vsvars32.bat in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools directory. This is important, otherwise you may get an error that nmake is not a recognised command. And this batch file doesn't add anything to registry, it sets environemnt on current console. So run this batch file and then call these nmake commands from same console.

Then I use cygwin on windows. SciTE can be used to build and execute. These options are present under Tools menu. Inorder to use gcc compiler, you may need to add c:\cygwin\bin directory to path. Ofcourse you need to have gcc installed in cygwin environment.

I just tested a simple cpp file. All works well. I am going to use SciTE till I find a better choice.

No comments: